[alsa-devel] [v4 01/12] ASoC: Intel: mfld-pcm: add FE and BE ops

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Wed Aug 13 21:35:30 CEST 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 03:15:52PM +0530, Subhransu S. Prusty wrote:
> From: Vinod Koul <vinod.koul at intel.com>
>
> Now that we have added code for managing DSP pipelines we need to add the code
> for DSPs FrontEnd and Backend dai.

This would be a lot easier to apply if the changelog were clearer, I
can't tell how we get from having code to manage the pipelines to
needing or wanting this code.  Is the current code broken and this a bug
fix or is this preparing for future changes?  The changelog says that
this is adding ops but the diff is adding DAIs none of which have any
ops defined.

I'm also a bit surprised to see this without anything to add routes
between the front and back ends or updates to the machine drivers for
new DAI names - won't this cause problems for the machine drivers?