[alsa-devel] Behringer Uphoria UMC204 usb audio capture only pops and clicks

Andrew Reyes dsreyes1014 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 17:40:11 CEST 2014

> I can just give you a few more ideas to debug this, but that includes
more action from your side.

> * First of all, try the same device on a different computer, and/or a
different USB port, especially if you're using an XHCI (USB3) port.

> * Try the device on Mac OS X, without installing a driver and see if you
have the same problem here.

> * Use usbmon and analyze the data stream when a pop occurs. Compare that
with settings that don't produce pops. There's good documentation on usbmon
in Documentation/usb/ in the Linux kernel.

Ok cool. I'll get right on that. I did try the first suggestion on four
different computers and different ports and it's the same issue but just to
be thorough I'll check again.