[alsa-devel] Invalid PCM pointer with CMI8738 and pcm.c buffer underuns

Andoru andoru.blah at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 17:04:48 CEST 2014

[Continued from here:

Since I didn't get any answer again, I decided to try and build the latest
ALSA snapshots myself (alsa-driver-;
alsa-firmware-; alsa-lib-; alsa-oss-;
alsa-plugins-; alsa-utils- and purge the
Debian ALSA packages to see if I could do something at compile time or if it
would fix the problems, but they're still there. The OS still slows down to
a crawl at random times and I still have the issue with the volume control
plus other quirks I mentioned in the previous threads...