[alsa-devel] iMX233 audio capture: glitches on task switch?

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 14:59:06 CEST 2014

Hi Gilles,

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Gilles Grégoire
<gilles.gregoire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear alsa developers,
>
> I need help debugging a driver for the builtin codec of Freescale's iMX233 SoC.
>
> I am facing an issue when capturing audio: garbage data (glitches)
> appears periodically in the recorded audio data. Audio playback looks
> fine, as far as I can tell.
>
> I am using kernel 3.13.6. A driver by Freescale exists for a 2.6.35
> kernel but it was never submitted to mainline. Therefore, the driver I
> use is a port of Freescale's driver to kernel 3.13.6 by Michal
> Ulianko. You can find it in the attached patch+dts. Please note that
> this is still a work in progress.

I would suggest you to post the initial driver support as a formal
patch to this list first.

As you mentioned that playback works fine, you could start by adding
the mx23 audio driver with playback support only.

Once the initial submission is accepted, then we could look at the
recording side.

Keeping this audio driver out of tree does not really help.

Care to submit it to this list?

Regards,

Fabio Estevam