[alsa-devel] [Alsa-user] hdmi sound rerouted?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Sep 30 11:18:11 CEST 2013

At Mon, 30 Sep 2013 02:23:22 +0000,
Deucher, Alexander wrote:

> [...]

Most of HD-audio controller have a snoop control, but the recent AMD
HDMI audio controller don't have the feature, thus the driver must use
the non-cached pages.  At least, PCI ID 1002:aaa0, aaa8 and aab0 are
known to require such.

Now the question is whether all new chips above (aa50,...) require the
same workaround, too.  Could you check this or forward the inquiry to
someone in AMD?

FWIW, such a chip needs to set AZX_DRIVER_ATIHDMI_NS bits in
driver_data of pci entries in sound/pci/hda/hda_intel.c.

thanks,