[alsa-devel] IMX WM8740 I2S support

stéphane cerveau scerveau at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 15:08:02 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I'm currently working on supporting WM8740 device software configured
with imx6q system.
For now my driver seems to be configured correctly. The playback is
launched but i get:
  ALSA sound/core/pcm_lib.c:1822 playback write error (DMA or IRQ trouble?
write error: Input/output error

The imx ssi is not sending me any data on I2S bus( nothing can be seen
on the oscillo).

I would like to know how do I have to configure my master clock in order
to launch the I2S. My master clock is for now 24MHz.
Sorry to be confused a bit but i'm quite newbie with this device.
Best regards.

Stéphane