[alsa-devel] No sound from internal speaker on 2013 Macbook Air 6, 1

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Fri Sep 13 15:00:16 CEST 2013

At Tue, 10 Sep 2013 02:30:27 +1000,
Ian Munsie wrote:

> > OK, then the normal jack detection doesn't work with this machine, as
> > it seems.  You can try the above to all pins for checking if any of
> > other pins reacts to the headphone jack.
>
> No luck I'm afraid - none of the other pins seem to react to the
> headphones. Is there anything else you can think of that I can try
> tomorrow?

Well, it might be notified via GPIO.  Try to read GPIO pins except for
GPIO0.  That is, set the all unmasked, the direction to READ.

   hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 GPIO_SET_MASK 0x3f
   hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 GPIO_SET_DIR 0x01

Then read the values before and after the jack plug / unplug:

   hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 GPIO_GET_DATA 0

BTW, I'll be in a short leave in the next week, so the reply will be
delayed.