[alsa-devel] USB Audio/ALSA

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Thu Sep 12 19:57:43 CEST 2013

Rajaram R wrote:
> I am trying to bring up Android Accessory Audio

There are lots of bugs in various accessory firmware version; you need
kernel 3.10 or the latest stable kernel on the host for a workaround.

> But when I play song, I see nothing on the bus.  I can see an AOA
> audio device entry in /proc/asound/cards.

The important thing is whether you see an entry with "arecord -l".

> The error i see when I play is "Sorry this player does not support this
> type of audio file android".

Is that on the Android device?  In that case, this has nothing to do
with ALSA.

Regards,
Clemens