[alsa-devel] No sound from internal speaker on 2013 Macbook Air 6, 1

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Sep 9 16:58:58 CEST 2013

At Tue, 10 Sep 2013 00:48:53 +1000,
Ian Munsie wrote:

> Hi Takashi,
>
> On 10 September 2013 00:08, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
> > The speaker should be muted.  But better to check without PulseAudio,
> > as the recent PA itself may do the automute by checking the jack state
> > controls.
> >
> > In anyway, give alsa-info.sh outputs before and after plugging the
> > headphone.
>
> I've attached both runs of alsa-info.sh, though it looks like there
> was no change in the output after plugging in the headphones.
>
> Let me know what else I can do.

Check the value output by

   hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x10 SET_PIN_SENSE 0
   hda-verb /dev/snd/hwC0D0 0x10 GET_PIN_SENSE 0

before and after plugging the headphone.
Normally, the second line should show 0x80000000 after plugging the
jack.

If it shows only zero for both plug/unplug, either the headphone pin
assignment is wrong or the jack detection is broken.  In the former
case, you can check by adjusting the headphone volume or mute mixer
control and see whether it really happens on the machine.

Takashi