[alsa-devel] question about webcam audio capture

vichy vichy.kuo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 13:11:21 CEST 2013

hi all:
I try to do webcam audio capture on my arm platform.
when I execute audio capture I got below message
"retire_capture_urb: 108 callbacks suppressed"

my questions:
1. where I can get the message "retire_capture_urb: 108 callbacks
suppressed" show in sound/usb driver?
    I try to  grep -rwn '"retire_capture_urb.*' sound/usb/*, but get nothing.

2. from usb mon log, it seems HW keep Active status high even until
ehci_io_watchdog happen, because the ep status is  -EXDEV.
if my observation is correct, is it possible to modify usb sound
driver to purposely send fix number urbs.
Because from the usb mon log, the first 8 urb will get time out already.

thanks for your help in advance,