[alsa-devel] include/uapi/firewire.h for other firewire drivers

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Fri Oct 25 14:14:10 CEST 2013

Hi Clemens,

About include/uapi/firewire.h, I'd like you to give me an advice.

I'm sorry but I have little knowledgement about Dice chipset. So here I
want to know what I should do for snd-fireworks/snd-bebob.

The header file includes an interface  for users to know its already
streaming or not, and lock it. But for Fireworks/BeBoB, I think checking
CMP connections do the same thing.

Current FFADO can be failed when CMP connections on the device are
established, and ALSA can do the same. (but there are some problems.
both drivers set sampling rate before checking CMP connections. For this
I have a plan to post a patch for both FFADO and ALSA.)

Should I implement the same lock for Fireworks/BeBoB drivers?

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto