[alsa-devel] [PATCH] [26/29] ALSA: dice: document quadlet alignment
clemens at ladisch.de
Mon Oct 21 21:35:25 CEST 2013
Doing accesses without quadlet alignment is a bad idea because the
firmware's byte-swapping would garble the data; clarify this in the
Signed-off-by: Clemens Ladisch <clemens at ladisch.de>
sound/firewire/dice-interface.h | 6 +++---
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)
diff --git a/sound/firewire/dice-interface.h b/sound/firewire/dice-interface.h
index af916b9..27b044f 100644
@@ -7,9 +7,9 @@
* Generally, all registers can be read like memory, i.e., with quadlet read or
- * block read transactions with any alignment or length. Writes are not
- * allowed except where noted; quadlet-sized registers must be written with
- * a quadlet write transaction.
+ * block read transactions with at least quadlet-aligned offset and length.
+ * Writes are not allowed except where noted; quadlet-sized registers must be
+ * written with a quadlet write transaction.
* All values are in big endian. The DICE firmware runs on a little-endian CPU
* and just byte-swaps _all_ quadlets on the bus, so values without endianness
More information about the Alsa-devel