[alsa-devel] [PATCH v2 0/8] ARM: s3c64xx: Let amba-pl08x driver handle DMA
tomasz.figa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 21:10:51 CEST 2013
Since the patches extending support of amba-pl08x DMA engine driver to
PL080S DMA engine (PL080 modified by Samsung) found in Samsung S3C64xx
SoCs got merged into Linux 3.12, it is a good time to migrate the
platform to use this driver and drop the legacy DMA code.
Due to changes scattered across different areas of kernel, patches are
based on merged 4 branches:
- for-next of Kukjin Kim's Samsung tree,
- clk-next of Mike Turquette's clock tree,
- for-next of Mark Brown's SPI tree,
- for-next of Mark Brown's ASoC tree.
To ease testing I have prepared a branch in my private tree for anyone
willing to check the patches out:
On S3C64xx-based Mini6410 and SMDK6410 boards, with I2S audio
playback and capture (including full duplex operation) and also SPI
Tested-by: Tomasz Figa <tomasz.figa at gmail.com>
Changes since v1:
- Dropped the now merged patches adding PL080s support amba-pl08x driver,
- Rebased onto current for-next branches of respective trees.
- Stopped hijacking pl330_filter() symbol to plug pl08_filter_id()
as channel filtering callback on S3C64xx.
Changes since RFC v2:
- Added clkdev lookups to old clock driver.
- Added patches removing the old DMA driver and any remaining code
needed by it.
- Fixed DMA support for SPI.
- Added a word about PL080S to amba-pl08x.c file header.
- Changed definition of LLI words from enums to macros.
- Extended debugging messages to handle PL080S variant as well.
- Little cleanup of LLI dumping code.
- Added check for peripheral flow control, which is unsupported by
PL080S to dma_set_runtime_config.
- Corrected transfer size mask of PL080S.
Changes since RFC v1:
- Returned to original way of storing quirks as booleans, as suggested
by Russell, Linus and Arnd.
- Added reg_config field to pl08x_phy_chan struct, which stores
variant-specific address of channel config register, as suggested
- Simplified handling of extended maximum transfer size of PL080S
(no more conditional passing of 0 as length to pl08x_cctl_bits()).
- Reworked LLI handling in the driver to stop casting arbitrary memory
to a struct and allow different word count of LLI entry, as suggested
- Removed AMBA ID override from S3C64xx PL080 initialization code.
- Fixed brokenness of Samsung DMA wrapper API, which caused cyclic buffers
to be queued multiple times when DMA engine is used.
- Included patch adding clock aliases for DMA engines (depends on
Common Clock Framework driver for S3C64xx).
- Fixed several minor stylistic issues.
Tomasz Figa (8):
spi: s3c64xx: Do not require legacy DMA API in case of S3C64XX
ASoC: Samsung: Do not require legacy DMA API in case of S3C64XX
ARM: s3c64xx: Add support for DMA using generic amba-pl08x driver
clk: samsung: s3c64xx: Add aliases for DMA clocks
ARM: s3c64xx: Remove legacy DMA driver
clk: samsung: s3c64xx: Remove clock aliases of old DMA driver
spi: s3c64xx: Always select S3C64XX_PL080 when ARCH_S3C64XX is enabled
ASoC: Samsung: Always select S3C64XX_PL080 when ARCH_S3C64XX is
arch/arm/Kconfig | 1 +
arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/Kconfig | 7 +-
arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/Makefile | 2 +-
arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/common.h | 5 +
arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/dma.c | 762 -------------------------------
arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/include/mach/dma.h | 144 ++----
arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/pl080.c | 244 ++++++++++
arch/arm/plat-samsung/devs.c | 10 +-
arch/arm/plat-samsung/dma-ops.c | 8 +-
drivers/clk/samsung/clk-s3c64xx.c | 4 +-
drivers/spi/Kconfig | 2 +-
sound/soc/samsung/Kconfig | 2 +-
12 files changed, 316 insertions(+), 875 deletions(-)
delete mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/dma.c
create mode 100644 arch/arm/mach-s3c64xx/pl080.c
More information about the Alsa-devel