[alsa-devel] Fast Track Ultra 8r...

Felix Homann linuxaudio at showlabor.de
Fri Oct 11 06:52:54 CEST 2013

Am 10.10.2013 23:55 schrieb "Petri Järvisalo" <petri.jarvisalo at gmail.com>:

> So,
>
> the only option left for me is to ask if some kind person would patch and
change the default settings, i think it would serve the majority of users
and ease the usability :)

Actually there are two more options:

1. Do it yourself! I really mean it: I had never done anything kernel
related before, I didn't know how all this was working. I dived into the
code because I needed the device to be working and seemingly there wasn't
anyone else who wanted to work on the mixer :-)
2. As mentioned in my first reply, I would consider implementing a 'all
muted' default if we found a consensus on it. I couldn't promise to do it
soon though because of too much work with much higher priority. Grant,
Aurelien, what do you think? It's probably at least better than the current
situation.