[alsa-devel] Default volume set to maximum

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Thu Oct 10 16:11:49 CEST 2013

stéphane cerveau wrote:
> Dear all,

Please do not reply to another message if you want to start
a new thread.

> I would like to have a default volume set to maximum for my DAC/device.
> Is there a way to tell alsa that my default volume is a certain value ?

The default value is whatever volume the device uses when it is
powered up, and typically cannot be changed.

It is possible to change the value later.  Many distributions save/
restore mixer settings when the computer is shut down/started up.

What exactly is your problem?

Regards,
Clemens