[alsa-devel] [RFC] ASoC: pcm: Trigger all commands on error

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Thu Oct 10 14:35:20 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 10:40:40AM +0200, Markus Pargmann wrote:

> For mxs-saif, we still have to store if the last START failed to handle
> the following STOP correctly which is not very different from handling
> double STOPs correctly. I don't have an idea how to fix RFCv1 without
> using some state as in RFCv2. Perhaps we should simply fix it in
> mxs-saif and other drivers then?

I think we have to - it seems like it's going to be more trouble than
it's worth to try to keep track of this in the core, there seems to be
a bit of an assumption that the triggers can just be called and for
things that aren't refcounting it's probably more robust to run the
trigger extra times rather than adding a state machine that we might get
wrong.