[alsa-devel] Audio Miniconference 2013 schedule - Edinburgh 21st October

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Oct 7 22:45:57 CEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 07, 2013 at 06:44:48PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

> What are the problems you're seeing here?  This used to be a big
> problem for modern CODECs with big sets of widgets and routes but the
> optimisations I did a while back (which made it into v3.4 so I think
> everyone is using them now) and the work that Tsutsui-san did in v3.10
> on improving the graph reset got it reasonably under control for the
> systems that I was aware of having trouble.

I did think of one area that might be usefully improved here - we
currently don't do async I/O for any of the DAPM generated writes.  It's
not going to be anything too massive but for faster buses like SPI or
Slimbus it should deliver something.

This would require an annoying amount of plumbing in regmap to pass
flags around but might be worth it for faster buses.  The core I/O code
is fine with it but the abstraction to allow buses to hook in at the
register read/write level makes this more annoying a refactoring than
I'd like while we've got all the ASoC conversions to regmap in progress.