[alsa-devel] Audio Miniconference 2013 schedule - Edinburgh 21st October

Patrick Lai plai at codeaurora.org
Mon Oct 7 19:22:42 CEST 2013

On 10/3/2013 11:17 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> The first question is if there is anything important that is missing
> from the above list - please speak up soon if there is!

Lately, there has been a lot of emphasis on reducing cold start latency
which audio hardware path setup takes up good chunk of time. I found
DAPM takes up quite a bit of time finding path to enable. In addition,
DPCM could be enhanced to save on cold start latency by enabling
front-end & back-end in parallel if underlying hardware can support it.

I would like to see if we can have some discussion on optimization.

Thanks
Patrick