[alsa-devel] Audio Miniconference 2013 schedule - Edinburgh 21st October

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Oct 7 17:14:11 CEST 2013

On Sun, Oct 06, 2013 at 07:10:59PM +0300, Tanu Kaskinen wrote:

> Perhaps I should present our (Murphy[1] team at Intel) plans for the
> routing infrastructure and policy in PulseAudio? It might be relevant
> for this, although effect offloading and firmware handling is not
> something that we have thought about. Even without effect offloading and
> firmware handling the routing system has to deal with use case
> prioritizing and constraints regarding what audio paths are available
> and what paths can be used simultaneously.

That sounds interesting, there was also a use case management thing on
the agenda - do you want to take that?  It'd be better if the
presentation bits could be minimised so that most of the time is given
over to discussion.

> BTW, there will also be a Murphy meeting/BoF on Wednesday at 13:00 in
> the Dunvegan room at the Sheraton hotel next to the conference center.
> Anyone who's interested in Murphy is welcome to attend. I'd expect there
> to be a general overview of Murphy from Janos, and I should present the
> status and plans for the routing work in PulseAudio (perhaps in more
> detail than in the audio miniconf). Other than that, there's not much
> else planned, just general Q&A with the Murphy developers (Janos Kovacs
> and Jaska Uimonen will be present - too bad they couldn't make it to the
> audio miniconf).

That'd be interesting too, though the ARM stuff is on the Wednesday so
I'm not entirely sure if I'll be able to make it sadly :( .