[alsa-devel] Audio Miniconference 2013 schedule - Edinburgh 21st October

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Fri Oct 4 23:37:01 CEST 2013

>   - Effects offload to DSPs with dynamically instantiatable algorithms,
>     and general dynamic DSP firmware handling.

I can try and prepare an overview about what we've started to look at
for effect offload. The one thing that's missing from the agenda is that
DSP offload and dynamic firmware handling do require control on audio
policy (high level arbitration between use cases), audio routing (some
paths may not be available at all times) and resource management
(memory/MCPS/etc). We not be able to solve this in a generic manner but
having hooks to detect/notify a DSP resource is or is not available
might be a good thing.
-Pierre