[alsa-devel] Can't get capturing from RME Hammerfall MADI card to work: sound loops & silcence

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Wed Oct 2 17:16:15 CEST 2013

On 09/27/2013 09:47 AM, Florian Faber wrote:
> Clemens,
>
>>> Similar issues here, but can add it all seems to work absolutely fine with
>>> alsa 1.0.15, but fails with 1.0.18+.
>> This sound like some change in the driver introduced a bug.
>
> the driver works fine with versions up to 1.0.27. I have the card
> running on a daily base with current kernel versions.

same here, although mine is a bit older (lspci says rev d2).
current 3.10.x and 3.11 kernels, alsa at 1.0.26.

niels, pretty much everyone who uses such hardware on linux will be
running jack. can i suggest you run a brief check with jack, and then
maybe look at its backend implementation to find out where stuff goes wrong?

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier
Lortzingstr. 11, 45128 Essen, Tel. +49 177 7937487

Tonmeister VDT

http://stackingdwarves.net