[alsa-devel] How to properly restart after config change

Dolevo Jay cmst at live.com
Fri Nov 29 13:22:53 CET 2013

Hi experts,

In my application, I some parameters in the asound.conf at runtime. However, after my software edits and changes the necessary parameters, the application still runs with the old configuration. If I run aplay, it works fine and runs with the new config but not my application. So, could anyone tell me what I should do extra after changing the parameters? Perhaps a small restart of something?

thanks.