[alsa-devel] HD-audio runtime PM

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Wed Nov 27 10:37:17 CET 2013

Hi,

I've checked two Haswell-ULT platforms with sound git tree for-linus branch, under Ubuntu:
- ELD cannot refresh properly.
- HDMI hot-plug cannot wake up the audio controller.

The controller is suspended when idle timeout and put in D3 by PCI driver. Here is the status shown by lspci -vvvv as root:
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Device 0a0c (rev 09)
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)

I guess maybe the latest display driver does not handle hot-plug properly which affect both ELD and device wakeup.

For Android on Haswell, the kernel code base and BIOS are different.

I'll further check this issue. Is it very urgent?
I cannot work full time on this now due to some timing optimization task for Baytrail at the same time.

Regards
Mengdong