[alsa-devel] HD-audio runtime PM

Lin, Mengdong mengdong.lin at intel.com
Tue Nov 26 07:56:12 CET 2013

I will double check this on Haswell with sound git tree for-linus branch.
We've tried Android on Haswell-ULT last week, the display HD-A controller can enter D3 and HDMI cable plug-in can wake up the controller and codec. The code base is v3.9 with various driver patches.

For non-Haswell platforms, hardware team suggest that unless all of the codecs on the HD-A link support EPSS and ClkStopOK, runtime PM of the controller should not be enabled on the controller. Otherwise, functionality will be lost and there are likely going to be audio artifacts.

Thanks
Mengdong