[alsa-devel] HD-audio runtime PM

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Mon Nov 25 07:32:57 CET 2013

On 11/22/2013 12:57 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after my previous fix, the runtime PM seems working stably finally.
> However, there seem still some glitches:
>
> 1. The wakeup via jack or HDMI/DP detection doesn't seem to work on my
>   test machines.  WAKEEN is set properly.  And its value can be read
>   correctly at the point of runtime resume, too.

Hi and thanks for working on this.

I've been trying to reproduce the above, but I can't seem to activate
runtime PM at all. I can't seem to get a callback to runtime_suspend,
and further investigation shows that
/sys/class/sound/card0/power/runtime_status shows "unsupported".

And this is on 3.13-rc1, and there *shouldn't* be any Ubuntu specific
stuff or configuration in that kernel.

Any ideas? (Sorry if this is a newbie question..)

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic