[alsa-devel] Zoom R16

Jason Mancine jason at mancine.net
Fri Nov 22 21:31:10 CET 2013

Well, I solved part of my own problem -- by removing the .endpoint and
.ep_addr settings from the quirk it now works for capture under .ifnum=1. In
fact, I now see the interface in JACK listed as hw:R16(#1) which it never
had done before.

MIDI is also working properly on .ifnum=3

So, I am now certain that interface 2 is playback...  however, playback does
not work with the following:

{
                                .ifnum = 2,
                                .type = QUIRK_AUDIO_FIXED_ENDPOINT,
                                .data = & (const struct audioformat) {
                                        .formats = SNDRV_PCM_FMTBIT_S24_LE,
                                        .channels = 2,
                                        .iface = 1,
                                        .altsetting = 1,
                                        .altset_idx = 1,
                                        .attributes =
UAC_EP_CS_ATTR_SAMPLE_RATE,
                                        .rates = SNDRV_PCM_RATE_44100 |
                                                 SNDRV_PCM_RATE_48000 |
                                                 SNDRV_PCM_RATE_88200 |
                                                 SNDRV_PCM_RATE_96000,
                                        .rate_min = 44100,
                                        .rate_max = 96000,
                                        .nr_rates = 4,
                                        .rate_table = (unsigned int[]) {
                                                        44100, 48000, 88200,
96000
                                        }
                                }
                        },

This totally freezes the computer...  I am certain that the device is 24
bit, supports all four sample rates, and is capable of full duplex
operation.  Any suggestions for this playback section?

Thanks,
Jason