[alsa-devel] [ALSA UCM] Help me obtain complete document of alsa ucm

Xavier Hsu xavier.hsu at linaro.org
Thu Nov 7 09:55:08 CET 2013

Hi,
When I develop ALSA UCM for my target platform.
I've stocked by lack syntax description.

I already know how to use some syntax of alsa ucm like "EnableSequence" and
"DisableSequence" in "SectionVerb".
So I can use alsa commands like

*alsaucm -c EVB set _verb HiFi set _enadev Headphones*

*alsaucm -c EVB set _verb HiFi set _disdev Headphones*
to enable or disable our Headphones devices.

In addition to, I add some setting like
*ATTRS{id}=="EVBsnd", RUN+="/usr/bin/alsaucm -c MB8AC0300 set _verb HiFi"*
*ATTRS{id}=="EVBsnd", RUN+="/usr/bin/alsaucm -c MB8AC0300 set _verb Record"*
in 90-alsa-ucm.rules file.

But I don't know how to correctly use some syntax (such as
"ConflictingDevice", "TransitionSequence", "Value" and so on) of alsa ucm.
I refer to Use Case Manager in ALSA document.
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Use_Case_Manager
Unfortunately, it cannot resolve my questions.

Do you have more detail information about ALSA UCM syntax usage
documentation or example?
Thank you very much.

-Xavier Hsu-