[alsa-devel] [RFC] ALSA: hda - check for mute/micmute LEDs on all Lenovo machines (Realtek)

David Henningsson david.henningsson at canonical.com
Thu Nov 7 09:34:14 CET 2013

On 11/07/2013 02:58 AM, Alex Hung wrote:
> @Takashi and David,
>
> DMI is a good way to check models, and we may not need to check the
> years as older Thinkpads with no mute led do not have "MMTS" and
> "SSMS" control methods in ACPI DSDT. Checking their existence before
> making the actual calls in thinkpad-acpi avoids this problems.

So, the only thing we want to avoid is to load the module if it should
not be loaded, and the symbol_request call will always load the module.
So we want to avoid calling symbol_request if it's not a hardware that
is supported by thinkpad-acpi (and I assume that means Ideapads).

Should we check the DMI information to distinguish between Thinkpads and
Ideapads (and potentially others), and what DMI string would be best to
look for?

--
David Henningsson, Canonical Ltd.
https://launchpad.net/~diwic