[alsa-devel] Fwd: regression: from 3.8 to 3.9: headphones output no sound on Intel HDA, codec VIA VT1802

Evan sirevan at gmail.com
Fri May 31 13:07:29 CEST 2013

I am having this same issue (with the same hardware). I found a
temporary work around for the problem by disabling "Auto-Mute Mode" with
alsamixer and then muting my "Speaker" output. If I don't mute the
"Speaker" I get audio through both my headphones and my speakers, but
when I mute the speakers I get the audio just through the headphones.

The output of alsa-info for 3.9.4 is here[1].

[1]
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=6120303f74b8e46930e15a544ba11b859de25c04

-E