[alsa-devel] UCM profiles taken from Ubuntu

Marcin Juszkiewicz marcin at juszkiewicz.com.pl
Fri May 10 14:51:05 CEST 2013

When I bought Samsung ARM Chromebook few months ago I had no idea
about UCM profiles and burnt speakers (left is dead, right is
resting). Then I learnt, took ones from ChromeOS and added them into
Ubuntu so other users will be a bit more safe.

Later I had a discussion with some Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora developers
about how to solve such problems and how to keep UCM profiles shared
between distributions.

Liam Girdwood pointed me to not used git tree at ALSA Project server
and finally I reminded myself about it.

The idea is to collect UCM profiles, keep them in one place and create
alsa-ucm package in each distribution.