[alsa-devel] BUG: soft lockup when recording audio on MX28EVK with ASoC sgtl5000

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 20:31:56 CET 2013

Hi Hector,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Hector Palacios
<hector.palacios at digi.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just tried recording audio on Freescale's MX28EVK that uses ASoC sgtl5000
> (kernel v3.8) with:
>
>         arecord -M -f cd sound.wav --duration 10
>
> and got a scheduler message:
>
> [  789.041847] [sched_delayed] sched: RT throttling activated

I have just tested arecord on 3.8,4 and I haven't seen the 'soft lockup' bug.

However, I see that mxs saif gets busy after the record and any
attempt to do an 'aplay' after the first arecord fails.

With the attached patch applied I am able to do arecord/aplay sequence
several times.

I don't have a cable handy here to actually test if the sound is
recorded properly or not.

Could you please test it against 3.8.4?

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam