[alsa-devel] ASoC: tegra: Does the PCM_TRIGGER_{PAUSE, RESUME} emulation really work?

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Fri Mar 22 17:26:00 CET 2013

Hi,

The tegra pcm driver tries to emulate SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_PAUSE and
SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_RESUME. By passing SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_START and
SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_STOP to snd_dmaengine_pcm_trigger. But does this really
work? The old non-dmaengine based driver implemented this properly. I'd
reset the dma position pointer for SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_START, but keep it
where it was for SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_RESUME. But as far as I can see with the
dmaengine based driver the pointer always gets reset to 0 for both
SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_START and SNDRV_PCM_TRIGGER_RESUME.

- Lars