[alsa-devel] Add ALSA driver to Buildroot image or add / load it after booting the image

Marc Schultz marcschultz27 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 21:19:40 CET 2013

Hey ALSA-Devel community,

I'm successfully booting a Buildroot made Linux image on my board.
This board has an Cirrus Logic CS4270 sound chip and now I want to
activate the specific sound card driver for it. Is there a good way to
put the CS4270 driver files into the Linux Kernel folders of Buildroot
to get them compressed into the Linux image or do I have to go one of
the following ways after booting the image on my target hardware?

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-cs4270

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Driver_Compilation)

Do you have a good workflow for me to get this thing working?

Best regards,
Marc Schultz