[alsa-devel] plans for fireworks driver

Takashi Sakamoto o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp
Sun Mar 10 11:37:11 CET 2013

Doug,

 >> Then I hope you to try playback.I reccomend below process:
 >> 1. use alsamixer to change sampling rate that you hope
 >> 2. use jackd in usual way, or aplay with plughw interface
 >> 3. hear 1/2ch or not
 >
 > Alsamixer successfully changes SR and clock source.  I started jack and
 > played back and edited an ardour session with no problems.  As you said
 > earlier, capture doesn't work.  the ports are there but no signal.  Once
 > that works Ill start using this driver full time.

I'm glad to hear it. I believe you can playback with any sampling rate,
32.0 - 96.0 kHz for AudioFire2, 32.0 - 192.0 kHz for AudioFire12.

But I cannot hear all of channels which I send. My AudioFirePre8 can
playback 16ch (differed in current sampling rate). When I playback 16ch
with aplay or jackd, I can hear only 1/2ch physical output...

I hope you to confirm this on your devices.

Currently my driver fully utilize ALSA's snd-firewire-lib.ko to
transmitting (and receiving) stream. But snd-firewire-lib.ko has no
codes for receiving (=PCM capturing). I'm under working for this.

Thanks

Takashi Sakamoto
o-takashi at sakamocchi.jp