[alsa-devel] plans for fireworks driver

Doug McLain doug at nostar.net
Sat Mar 9 21:52:36 CET 2013

Attached is a patch of my hack to build your source of Fedora 18 with
kernel 3.8.  As I mentioned in the last email, I have had to do various
little hacks to the other snd-fireworks module source over the past few
years as chnages were made to the kernel API.  The latest change, which
prompted me to write this email in the first place, was the removal of
__devinit and friends from kernel 3.8.  So now its built, installed, and
running.  It discovers the AF2, but not the AF12.  Here is the log from
the AF12:

Mar  9 15:47:06 iggy kernel: [63129.761604] firewire_core 0000:01:0b.0:
phy config: new root=ffc2, gap_count=7
Mar  9 15:47:11 iggy kernel: [63134.769274] ALSA fireworks_command.c:313
EFC Failed [0/1]: 0
Mar  9 15:47:11 iggy kernel: [63134.769289] snd-fireworks: probe of
fw2.0 failed with error -5
Mar  9 15:47:11 iggy kernel: [63134.769293] firewire_core 0000:01:0b.0:
created device fw2: GUID 0014860fc44a84a6, S400

...and the AF2
$ cat /proc/asound/card0/efc_hardware
flags: 0xA1
guid_hi: 0x148606