[alsa-devel] HDA Beep Device for Asus EeeBox EB1501P

Harald Becker ralda at gmx.de
Tue Mar 5 09:20:07 CET 2013

Hi Takashi !

Just to inform you ...

25-02-2013 09:56 Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de>:

> [...]

The problem reoccurred with kernel 3.8.2. As my box is currently very
busy, I can't do rapid rebooting. As soon as this is possible, I try to
create a step by step description on how to reproduce the problem.

> > > So, the behavior above disappears if you disable the power save?

Some quick tests showed you are probably right and the problem depends
on the power saving feature. Beeps are produced as long as power saving
(timeout) has not occurred, and beep misses if device is in power
saving mode.

As soon as my box is ready for rapid rebooting I will dig somewhat
deeper into this.

--
Harald