[alsa-devel] cplay error "Can't find sync world"

Vinod Koul vinod.koul at intel.com
Tue Jun 4 01:59:34 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 08:12:45AM +0800, Keyon.Jey wrote:

Pls *DONT* drop ppl from CC,
Pls CC maintainers

> >>when I try use clpay -c 1 -d 2 test.mp3 to use tinycompress hwdec on my
> >>phone, "Can't find sync world" always occurred, no matter what mp3 music
> >>I try to play.
> >I believe the issue here is cplay does not currently handle MP3s
> >with meta data, such as track naming etc. You will need to strip
> >anything like this from the start of the MP3 file before playing.
> it helps! thanks a lot, Charles!
The current code, doesn't parse the header looking for the SYNC bits, it checks
at a predefined offset. Which means that most of the files will work but as
Charles said, if the the file has meta data, it wont work.

And yes patch is welcome...

--
~Vinod