[alsa-devel] aplay lists both Playback and Capture devices

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 23:36:49 CEST 2013

On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Mark Brown <broonie at kernel.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 04:20:50PM -0300, Fabio Estevam wrote:
>
>> What is the proper way to know this information?
>
>> Or how do I tell that each DAI is unidirectional?
>
> If it's not got any playback or capture capabilities.

On mx28evk there are two DAIs connected to a single sgtl5000:

- One corresponds to the serial audio interface 0 (SAIF0) and it is
playback only

- The other corresponds to the serial audio interface 1 (SAIF1) and it
is capture only.

Should I create and pass device tree bindings like "playback-only" and
"capture-only", so that we can avoid having both playback and capture
capabilities for SAIF0 and SAIF1?

Or is there already a mechanism in place that I can use to configure a
DAI as unidirectional?

Thanks,

Fabio Estevam