[alsa-devel] snd_seq_system_info_get_cur_ports function

Jose B jose.cuerv0 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 28 07:06:08 CEST 2013

Dear Devs,

I've been working on a wrapper to oversimplify using the alsa midi
sequencer, and for it I was writing a function to quickly check if any
new ports were registered on the sequencer after the application using
the wrapper starts up. I noticed there is no function for getting the
current port count but there is one for getting the current number of
sequencer clients :

snd_seq_system_info_get_cur_clients(const snd_seq_system_info_t *info)

Shouldnt there be a corresponding function for getting the current port
count as seen below? Or is it just missing from the documentation?

snd_seq_system_info_get_cur_ports(const snd_seq_system_info_t *info)

    -- It doesn't show in code::blocks' autocomplete so i'm guessing it
    wasn't written yet.

Is anyone willing to check this out please? It would be really handy to
have this func.

Thanks, and happy dev-ing

Jose'