[alsa-devel] Broken headphone and speaker amplifier suppliesforthe rt5640 driver

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Mon Jul 29 08:07:16 CEST 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 11:04:46AM +0800, Bard Liao wrote:

> The mute/unmute control is written in rt5640_snd_controls[] now.
> It allows user to unmute speaker or headphone before dapm power on the related power.
> And it will bring a pop noise.
> So I prefer to do the unmute/mute step in the widget event.
> Is that ok?

If you need to do that you should really still present the mute control
to the user; store the current state in a variable in the private data
so that the user always sees the control and then only write the value
out while the widget is powered.  Mute is expected to be fast and some
userspaces like to be able to mute individual outputs.

Ideally the core would be able to do this.