[alsa-devel] [ecasound] Garbage at end of playback: ecasound or alsa broken?

Kai Vehmanen kvlists at nosignal.fi
Sun Jul 28 03:29:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Sat, 20 Jul 2013, Knut Petersen wrote:

[...]
> Setup soundcards and cabling, execute
> "ecasound -t 2 -f:16,2,44100 -a:1 -i testin.wav -o alsahw,0,0  -a:2 -i alsahw,0,0 -o testout.wav"

this usage triggers multitrack recording mode in ecasound (ecasound will
try to align recording of testin.wav to playout of testout.wav), and the
symptoms sound like an issue with this mechanism.

I couldn't reproduce this with my setup (ice1712), so could you retry the
test with "-z:notintbuf"? If the problem still persists, can you send me
(may be large, so please send offline) logs when run with "-dd"?