[alsa-devel] Broken headphone and speaker amplifier supplies for the rt5640 driver

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Fri Jul 26 17:06:12 CEST 2013

Hi,

The rt5640 driver sets for both the headphone and speaker amplifier widget
the shift to SND_SOC_NOPM, which is -1. This doesn't make much sense and
breaks compilation with some changes I've made.

I guess for the heaphone amplifier the right fix is to set the shift to
RT5640_PWR_HA_BIT. For the speaker amplifier I'd assume that the right bit
is RT5640_PWR_CLS_D_BIT. But the speaker amplifier widget also as an event
callback in which it already seems to set/clear the bit. I think the right
fix is to remove the register change from the event callback and set the
shift to RT5640_PWR_CLS_D_BIT. But I neither have the hardware nor the
datasheet, so this is all just an educated guess.

- Lars