[alsa-devel] [PATCH v5 0/7] Sound support for at91sam9x5-wm8731 based boards
richard.genoud at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:15:52 CEST 2013
This patchset add sound on the at91sam9x5ek board.
It's based on Nicolas Ferre's work in the 2.6.39 atmel patch for sam9x5:
It needs Bo Chen's patchset on the generic dmaengine (topic/atmel branch
on Mark's sound tree) and the SSC interrupts disabled (cf
If this machine driver will support more SoCs maybe we should name it differently.
It has been tested on at91sam9g35ek, and should work on g15, g25, x25 and x35 also.
patches applies on next-20130711
[I let the original signed-off from Nicolas and Uwe in place, I don't
know if I should replace them by something like "originaly-signed-off-by"
since the code has been changed.]
Changes from v4:
* Move the rates constraints into the codec
* Hard code the DAI format since it cannot be changed anyway (and
remove the DT bindings accordingly)
* Add some consistency in the functions naming (sam9x5ek/at91sam9x5ek/sam9x5)
* Retrieve the SSC id from the SSC controller phandle
* Clarify the atmel-ssc.txt documentation
* Develop audio-routing documentation
* Tidy up the includes in the machine driver
Changes from v3:
* Remove the use of macros in device tree documentation.
Changes from v2:
* Change atmel,sam9x5-audio-wm8731 to atmel,sam9x5-wm8731-audio for
consistency with sam9g20 machine driver.
* Use the snd_pcm_hw_constraint() API as suggested by Mark and Lars-Peter.
* Remove the unnecessary snd_soc_dapm_sync() call as Lars-Peter suggested.
* Add documentation for machine driver DT binding.
* Update atmel-ssc DT binding documentation.
* Add GPL license instead of just the "GPL" word (hope that's ok !)
Changes from v1-RFC:
* drop patches on SSC since Bo Chen already did the work
* reorder patches to have the machine driver first
* drop code already handled by the ASoC framework
* drop unneeded SND_ATMEL_SOC_PDC config selection
* use static snd_soc_card and snd_soc_dai_link structures.
Nicolas Ferre (1):
sound: sam9x5_wm8731: machine driver for at91sam9x5 wm8731 boards
Richard Genoud (6):
sound: codec: wm8731: add rates constraints
Documentation: DT: update atmel SSC with DMA binding
ARM: AT91: DTS: sam9x5: add SSC DMA parameters
ARM: AT91: DTS: sam9x5ek: add WM8731 codec
ARM: AT91: DTS: sam9x5ek: enable SSC
ARM: AT91: DTS: sam9x5ek: add sound configuration
.../devicetree/bindings/misc/atmel-ssc.txt | 23 ++-
.../bindings/sound/atmel-sam9x5-wm8731-audio.txt | 41 ++++
arch/arm/boot/dts/at91sam9x5.dtsi | 3 +
arch/arm/boot/dts/at91sam9x5ek.dtsi | 24 +++
sound/soc/atmel/Kconfig | 10 +
sound/soc/atmel/Makefile | 2 +
sound/soc/atmel/sam9x5_wm8731.c | 207 ++++++++++++++++++++
sound/soc/codecs/wm8731.c | 57 +++++-
8 files changed, 363 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/atmel-sam9x5-wm8731-audio.txt
create mode 100644 sound/soc/atmel/sam9x5_wm8731.c
More information about the Alsa-devel