[alsa-devel] CA0110 analog mic capture flatline

Ki'Sak kisak42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 18:45:35 CEST 2013

Having received no response in 30 days and with the bug tracker down, I do
not know how to proceed with troubleshooting this issue.

I would like to send out the original email for posterity:

I have recently acquired a ca0110 card and discovered to my dismay that the
analog capture feed does not work. Upon further research, there has been a
regression somewhere between September 2009 and June 2012. The most recent
report I could find of analog capture working is at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/63352/comments/93 .

I am a Gentoo Linux user running 3.8.13 / alsa 1.0.26. The device works
fine for playback. While ugly, here is my alsa-info:
http://www.alsa-project.org/db/?f=cccb2d835cbbe90aaca143e6518c93d17109f720.
The overall layout is JACK + alsa loopback device with an independent
voice chat. The ca0110 is not touched by JACK.

This issue has been reported to the wrong people at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1093498 and
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/multimedia/477002-problem-microphone-opensuse-11-3-a.html,
so it is not limited to my system.