[alsa-devel] No sound with Sony VAIO VPCZ1 (ALC889)

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 9 20:52:01 CEST 2013

On 2013-07-08 12:16, Takashi Iwai wrote:

>> Typo: "exiting" instead of "existing" near the end.
>
> Thanks, I'll fix it in the final commit.
>
>> I'll test this on my affected system if I can get it to apply against
>> 3.9 - thanks!
>
> Let me know if it really works.  It seems working on emulator, at
> least :)

Unfortunately it's turning out not to be simple: the patch doesn't apply
cleanly against 3.9. It applies fine against 3.10, but I can't use a
Rawhide-derived 3.10 kernel on F18 very easily for
$BORING_FEDORA_REASONS. I could sort this out, it's just a bit more of a
PITA than I want to deal with right ATM. If Tormen can't test soon I'll
work around it somehow.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey