[alsa-devel] No sound with Sony VAIO VPCZ1 (ALC889)

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Thu Jul 4 18:31:12 CEST 2013

At Thu, 04 Jul 2013 18:05:52 +0200,
Tormen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I guess, no one had time yet, to look at the below issue I posted.
>
> To be more clear:
> The speakers do not get detected [anymore]. So the sound in mplayer
> plays fine, but you hear nothing ;)
> And on the line-out (with headphones) the sound is audible and works fine.
>
> And also of course:
> What could I provide to assist with this ?

Please give alsa-info.sh in attachment.  Or, fix your MUA not to fold
lines and break spaces.  Due to these problems, the alsa-info content
can't be parsed properly by the emulator for further analysis.

Also, if the machine worked in earlier kernels, give alsa-info.sh
output on the working kernel, too.

thanks,