[alsa-devel] HD-audio regression after commit 34588709af61be1550b4e2bcee5c85d0ac4f34d4

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Jan 21 21:21:45 CET 2013

At Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:11:47 -0500,
Miro Hodak wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; ISO-8859-1 (7bit)>]
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM, Miro Hodak <mhodak127 at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 12:29 PM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:

> >> it
> >> Skype.
> >> ("AD1989B
> >> but

> >> Skype).
> >>
> >> Maybe it's because you set it beforehand?
> >> The previous mixer state is restored usually upon login or reboot.
> >>

> >> Takashi
> >>

> > Well, I verify that the Independent  HP mode works  just before trying
> > these applications so mixer should be in correct state.
> >

> Actually, it works fine in Skype when using "AD1989B Analog (hw: 0,2)". I
> was confused because I changed only "Speakers" to that device and tried
> making a test sound. That did not work, apparently test sound goes to
> whatever "Ringing" is set to. But when making actual calls, it works as
> expected and I can take advantage of the Independent HP feature.

Hm, there should be nothing to touch the indep-HP mixer control from
PCM, so I have no idea why it went wrong.

BTW, I guess we have still an issue regarding indep HP.  When it's ON,
should the auto-mute be disabled, no?
Although one can disable the automute manually, it'd be maybe more
user-friendly if the driver does it by itself.

The necessary change would be likely trivial, so I'm going to
implement it tomorrow.