[alsa-devel] HD-audio regression after commit 34588709af61be1550b4e2bcee5c85d0ac4f34d4

Raymond Yau superquad.vortex2 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 10:18:51 CET 2013

> I have been playing with Independent HP feature and while I can get it to
work in aplay and mplayer, it does not seem to work on vlc and Skype. Both
applications seem to have options for sending sound to HPs ("AD1989B Analog
Front Speakers" or "AD1989B Analog (hw: 0,2)" - Skype only), but none of
those options sends sound to the HPs. Any thoughts on this?

Because the driver should not allow user to change the independent
headphone switch when there is any playing stream