[alsa-devel] HD-audio regression after commit 34588709af61be1550b4e2bcee5c85d0ac4f34d4

Miro Hodak mhodak127 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 09:10:04 CET 2013

I was finally able to do some testing on my board (Asus Rampage II Gene).
Using latest sound-unstable I can confirm that the crashes in XFCE mixer
are gone. Also, labels in alsamixer make more sense now - I have microphone
plugged to the back and previously I had to enable Front Mic as an input
source to for the microphone to work. Now, it works over "Rear Mic" as
expected. Also, multistream playback works with "Independent HP" enabled.
And yes, less controls then before ... Overall, a big improvement.

My alsa-info can be found here: http://pastebin.com/RaxrnZKK

Should I try with branch 'test/hda-gen-parser'  (what is the difference,
BTW?)

Anything else to test?

When can we expect patches from sound-unstable to appear in main kernel?

Thanks,
Miro