[alsa-devel] HD-audio regression after commit 34588709af61be1550b4e2bcee5c85d0ac4f34d4

Manolo Díaz diaz.manolo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 09:53:25 CET 2013

El mar, 15 ene 2013 a las 8:42 horas
Raymond Yau escribió:

>> >Yes, testing the latest code with real machines is highly
>> >appreciated.  Try sound-unstable git tree, either master or
>> >test/hda-migrate branch.
>> >  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tiwai/sound-unstable.git
>> >
>> >Alternatively you can build the external alsa-driver modules from
>> >alsa-driver-unstable snapshot tarball, too
>> >
>ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/tiwai/snapshot/alsa-driver-unstable-snapshot.tar.gz
>> >
>> >Note that only the behavior of model=auto has been changed in the tree
>> >above.  The other model behaviors of AD codecs are unchanged at all.
>>
>> Mixer crashes are gone. As I wrote I have no way to test the digital
>> output.
>>
>> I haven't found a way to test multi stream playback either. After
>> choosing HP Independant enabled I can't hear nothing through the
>> headphone.
>>

>Can you post the output of alsa-info.sh ?
>
>speaker-test  -c2 -t wav -D hw:0,2
>
>and another application playback using hw:0,0
>
>Do your computer chassis have the hda front audio pannel with Jack
>detection ?
>
>You need to disable auto mute when testing the multi streaming playback

All right, auto mute disabled.

When Independent HP is enabled I can hear nothing through the
headphone:

speaker-test  -c2 -t wav -D hw:0,2

speaker-test 1.0.25

Playback device is hw:0,2
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 2 channels
WAV file(s)
Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 64 to 524288
Period size range from 32 to 262144
Using max buffer size 524288
Periods = 4
was set period_size = 131072
was set buffer_size = 524288
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right
Time per period = 5.487935
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right
Time per period = 5.469224
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right
Time per period = 5.469168
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right
Time per period = 5.469292
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right

and so on...

When HP Independent is disabled I hear the same through front speaker
and headphone, just as expected.

alsa-info.sh output is attached.

Regards,
--